5:09 PM

I've Declared War

No, it's not what you think.

One of the side effects of Cushing's Disease is weight gain and we're not talking 20 or 30 pounds. You often hear of people gaining in excess of 75 pounds over a relatively short period of time. In my case, I put on over 100 pounds.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a lap band but I'm not convinced that my issue is with what I eat entirely. I think I just put on a lot of weight and my calorie intake is such that it is coming off very slowly. I've lost 30 pounds over the last year, but I still have a long ways to go.

I've been reading and researching using a very low calorie diet. My self esteem is shot and being as overweight as I am isn't helping. So today I ordered a month's worth of food from Medifast. I'll give it three weeks and then assess whether it is something I can and will continue.

Some will probably say I'm crazy for starting a diet in the middle of everything else, but in some respects I almost think it will help. I won't have to worry about cooking, except for one meal. That one meal will be fine for both my son and I, because he loves veggies, chicken and fish.

The primary reason though is I'm doing this for me. I have to take control of my life, no one will do it for me and this is one of the places where I'm going to start.

5 comments:

KareTX said...

I don't think you're crazy. Sometimes when everything is spinning out of control, you need to take control. This is a positive thing to do. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

KareTX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShellyD said...

It is a positive thing to do. I wish I had your strength. Thinking I should go back to Low GI, the weight just fell off me. Then I gave birth. **Sigh**

Hugs

angelinabeadalina said...

It doesn't sound crazy...it sounds like a plan to do something for yourself. Congratulations on losing 30 pounds already, too!

Dawn said...

I think you're right on the mark concentrating on yourself at a time like this. It will help you have goals and bring back some self-esteem that you're doing something good just for YOU! Hugs.