10:29 PM

Three Weeks

Don't let anyone tell you to put something off because there is plenty of time. I'm here to tell you that life can change in instance and the best laid plans can fall to the wayside.

Three weeks ago I had just returned from a family vacation back to the Washington D.C. area with my husband, sons, and parents. Came back home with the intent to settle back into work, enjoy the time I had left with my oldest who is going into the military soon, and sit down with my husband and plan on what we were going to do in the upcoming months.

Now, three weeks later, my husband is gone. Off to live his life on his own and figure out how he wants to live his future. I on the other hand am trying to figure out exactly what my future is. I've been married for 23 years and never truly on my own. All I have in my future with any certainty, is uncertainty.

I still keep hoping that I'll wake up from a bad dream, but I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'm wide awake. I've moved to the next fantasy which is that my husband is away on a really long business trip.

In reality he might as well be. My oldest came to visit 4 days after he moved in with dad. He informed me that he had seen his father for maybe 5 minutes total, because he was always at work. He then asked if he could take a nap in my bed before going to work and asked if he could come back after work. I take some comfort in knowing that even though I will never be renowned for my domestic skills, I've always been and always will be there for my kids. It frustrates me, because my son is leaving soon and his father is missing hours of opportunity to see him before he's gone. At least I know that I will not.

So my advice to you is not to wait until tomorrow because tomorrow may not turn out like you planned.

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

"I take some comfort in knowing that even though I will never be renowned for my domestic skills, I've always been and always will be there for my kids. It frustrates me, because my son is leaving soon and his father is missing hours of opportunity to see him before he's gone. At least I know that I will not." You have taken care of the important part-- your kids. They have obviously grown up knowing who to come to for comfort and love. Now, time to think about you and your future. You will find your way!

KareTX said...

Agree with Angelina, you have done the important things with your kids. And reading all your post you are getting stonger even if you aren't so sure yet. It is good that your sons have you, and know that you will always put them first. (())